Sunday, January 6, 2008

Shanna and Dustin

What a way to start out the year. I have known Shanna for about 14 years and so it was SUCH an honor to shoot her wedding to Dustin. They are an AWESOME couple. Their love for each other and for God was just so evident in every part of the wedding. Thank you guys SO much for having me as a part of your wedding. Really it was gorgeous.

(and hey...the day after the wedding blogging. a NEW WORLD RECORD for me. lol) hope you guys are enjoying your honeymoon and the two fireplaces!

Anne (Shanna's mom) checking out Shanna's hair progress. (Heidi--the bridesmaid in the mirror was one of "my" brides from this summer).

kind of random, but i liked the bouquet with the architecture of the church.

Shanna just glowed. She was gorgeous.



I adored her dresses AND her bridesmaid dresses. It made such a dramatic statement.
Can you see the bridesmaids checking out the crowd from their bridal room?
Anne and Jaime (Dustin's mom) enjoying the cute slide show before the start of the ceremony
The ceremony was awesome and the church had gorgeous natural light.



evidence you can take pictures anywhere. this was taken in the bathroom of the country club.

a quiet moment before entering the reception


playing around with texture again. i was really feeling black and white for their portraits


Their reception hall was decorated like a true winter wonderland

Their flower girls were adorable! This is one of my favorite pictures so far.
an emotional first dance



the best man and matron of honor's (my beautiful cousin Mandy) speeches were great.




Shanna's dad Paul sang her a song that he heard the same day Dustin had asked him for Shanna's hand. It was SO touching. I got pretty teary a couple of times during the day, but I full on cried when he sang this to them.
despite a broken toe from his groomsmen's shenanigans the previous night, Dustin still tore up the dance floor.
and so did Shanna

thanks again guys! I had such a great time. I know you will have a long and happy life together!

I have a hilarious picture of the guys, but Matt talked me out of posting it, so you guys will have to wait for the gallery to see that one. ;) Dustin, I am sure you know what I am talking about.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I love all of them but that textured image is just fantastic!!!! WOW!